Royce & Associates (Royce), established in 1972, has been an affiliate of Legg Mason, Inc. since 2001. We strive to build small-cap value portfolios that provide solid absolute performance with a focus on reducing volatility. Based in New York and with nearly four decades of small-cap investment experience, the firm uses a disciplined value approach to portfolio management.
The Digital Marketing Director is responsible for developing and executing an innovative and thoughtful approach to growing client and prospect engagement on Royce’s web properties. The Director will be charged with managing the website, as well as directing social media strategy and communities and email campaigns. Consistent with the goals of Royce’s Marketing Department, he or she also needs to foster a collaborative environment that cultivates creativity in both execution and results. The Director oversees the Manager of Marketing Automation and Analytics, who is responsible for directly executing some of the activities listed below.
- Create multi-channel strategy and roadmap for Royce’s web properties
- Develop plan for establishing a web presence for institutional products
- Evaluate emerging digital and web technology and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Manage all activities of Royce’s web properties coordinating execution and objectives with Senior Technology Solutions Consultant, Director of Information Technology, and Director of Communications and Marketing
- With Senior Technology Solutions Consultant and Director of Information Technology , review current website vendors and recommend changes where appropriate
- With Senior Technology Solutions Consultant, select and manage external development agencies and consultants
- Provide leadership to establish a UX framework for the digital marketing team
- Develop customer journeys for specific personae and target audiences
- Maintain the high standards of Royce’s design aesthetic on newly developed content and pages
- Create an organic and paid strategy for each social media channel
- Implement best practices and explore new opportunities with industry-relevant platforms
- Enhance digital content for social strategies with creative solutions and approaches
- Oversee analytics and reporting on all digital platforms
- Use analytics to drive strategies for content, site design, social, and email
- Guide the development and maintenance of dashboards to ensure digital marketing outcomes are aligned with firm and team goals
- Manage strategy for Royce’s marketing automation platform
- Assist in conceptualizing and providing direction on email content and overall engagement strategy
- Partner with Sales & Client Services to address client data issues to facilitate marketing and sales event campaigns
- Extensive experience with developing and implementing UX Strategy and interaction design
- Collaborative and creative mindset
- Experience working effectively in cross-functional groups
- Experience with web and/or marketing analytics (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience with marketing automation tools (e.g. Pardot)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working at a small firm or an autonomous team in a larger firm is preferred
Why Join Royce’s Marketing Team?
Royce & Associates, LP, investment adviser to The Royce Funds, is one of the industry’s most experienced and highly respected small-cap investment managers. We offer a range of small-cap strategies with unique investment approaches that address specific investment goals.
The Royce marketing team is a small collaborative group with an entrepreneurial spirit. We work to support the firm’s goals with the ultimate aims of building our brand and increasing engagement with clients and prospects. Creating a premier digital experience through social media, e-mail marketing, and our own website is key for attracting new clients and supporting existing ones. The team is regularly recognized for excellence in communications and marketing by the Mutual Fund Education Alliance (MFEA) and kasina.
Royce & Associates is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits packages.
Please provide your resume and a portfolio of relevant work.