Legg Mason is one of the world's largest funds management groups, with a history that dates to 1899. The firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and employs approximately 3,300 employees in 39 offices worldwide. One of Legg Mason’s most distinguishing characteristics is its global multi-affiliate model. Legg Mason provides a global platform and centralised business and distribution support for its nine affiliated fund managers that include: Brandywine Global, Clarion Partners, ClearBridge, Entrust Global, Martin Currie, RARE Infrastructure, Royce & Associates, QS Investors and Western Asset. Each affiliate operates independently under its own brand and investment process and is considered an industry expert in its asset class. Legg Mason offers a diverse set of investment solutions across institutional, wealth management and direct investor channels, covering a range of asset classes including Australian equities, global equities, fixed income, real assets, income, alternatives, emerging markets, direct lending and multi-asset products.
- Established 1899
- Head office Baltimore, USA
- Australia operations started in 1954
- Local offices in Melbourne and Sydney
- Funds under management in Australia A$57 billion as at 31 March 2019
- Globally funds under management A$1 trillion as at 31 March 2019
The position sits within the Australian Marketing team. The role is responsible for curating, editing, creating and delivering high quality investment, fund and campaign content across equity, fixed income and alternative asset classes across Australia and New Zealand.
- The provision of investment commentary that reinforces the investment views and positioning taken by Legg Mason’s affiliates. Commentary will be required on specific market events that impact financial markets and content to support marketing campaigns. The candidate should have a strong background in fixed income, equity and alternatives investments in a writing role with the ability to create new or edit existing investment copy for a range of audiences (direct, retail and institutional).
- Create, manage and refresh all written product collateral to ensure our capabilities are presented in a clear and compelling way.
- Support our long -term aspiration to be recognised as a leading global investment management firm across our chosen channels.
- Build relationships with local and offshore partners across Legg Mason and the affiliate managers, particularly the portfolio management teams.
- Sharing original content with global content team.
US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-Newport Beach
Our US Distribution group is currently seeking a highly driven and motivated Regional Director to join the RIA/Bank Trust team. This Regional Director will be responsible for marketing the Legg Mason affiliate strategies (Western Asset Management, Clearbridge Investments, Brandywine Global Investment Management, Royce & Associates, Clarion Partners, Martin Currie, RARE, and QS Investors) to RIAs and Bank Trusts on the west coast.