Click column header to sort
QS Investors, LLC is an investment firm providing asset management and advisory services to a diverse array of institutional and retail clients. An independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Legg Mason, QS Investors manages over $20 billion in quantitative global equity and multi-asset strategies. The multi-asset platform offers a range of outcome oriented investment strategies that deliver on investor needs in a risk managed framework. Our multi asset capabilities include strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization, as well as drawdown and volatility management. We implement our portfolios using ETFs, mutual funds, segregated mandates, and derivatives.
We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Investment Solutions team in New York. This position is responsible for working across the firm to create, support and determine viability of custom portfolios for QS prospects and clients. The investment analyst will help support those offerings by contributing to research, sales, marketing, and thought leadership to create and promote portfolios. The Investment Analyst will also contribute across teams to ensure execution against the broader strategic plan of QS Investors.
LMPPG is currently seeking a Separately Managed Account (SMA) Associate to join their New York City based team. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of investment products, excellent written/oral communication skills and the ability to handle the responsibilities outlined below:
Our US Sales organization is seeking a highly driven and motivated Internal Regional Director to join the Registered Investment Advisor (RIA)/Bank Trust team in Baltimore.
As Internal Regional Director, you will generate new business in your assigned territory and provide business development support to your designated Regional Director (External Wholesaler). You will also partner with the broader sales team to cultivate leads within the respective territories. Come join our expanding team in this newly created role - grow your future with a growing asset management firm!
ClearBridge Investments is looking to add two Equity Research Analysts to its New York based research team. Our research process focuses on using bottom-up fundamental analysis to identify and take advantage of mispriced securities. This requires due diligence on industry and company specific trends, analysis of company reported financials as well as extensive modeling and valuation work.
Are you a tech savvy financial analyst with a knack for automation and innovation? If so, this is for you! Our Corporate Finance team is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to assist the Finance Business Support Team in implementing technology-focused solutions to automate and streamline current business processes.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for the production of management reports, analytics, the annual multi-year budget and forecast processes as well as other ad-hoc requests. You will offer financial consultation and further analysis in support of continued business growth. The position requires you to think creatively, take initiative, offer up ideas/suggestions and make decisions while being able to challenge the status quo. Given the interaction with multiple stakeholders, building and maintaining relationships and excellent communication skills are essential. Come put your tech and data skills to good use and help enable our automation and innovation initiatives!
Are you looking for a foundational career growth opportunity that empowers you to adapt your versatile skillset to a variety of areas? If so, this role is for you!
Legg Mason is seeking a new member of our HR Solutions Services team to support our recently re-designed Global HR operating model. Each of our HR Solutions Coordinators supports and connects deeply with all of our Global HR functions, including Talent Management, Total Rewards, Business Partnership, and Strategy Solutions. Our team uses a client-first, agile, and data-driven mindset to add significant value to each of our HR functions and the services they deliver to our business.
Reporting to the HR Solutions Manager based in Baltimore, MD (USA) and working closely with the HR Business Partner based in Melbourne, the HR Solutions Coordinator will provide HR generalist support across Legg Mason and its affiliated businesses based.
Candidates must be located in Australia or have the appropriate work authorization to work in Australia.
If you have 2-4 years’ public accounting experience and want to contribute towards meaningful projects while maintaining work/life balance, this is for you!
Legg Mason’s Global Finance team is hiring an experienced Accountant to join the Financial Policy & Governance team in Downtown Baltimore. This position offers an excellent learning environment and opportunities to advance alongside highly technical, subject matter experts.
If you are tech and data savvy and enjoy working on process improvement and automation projects, this is for you! Legg Mason continues to modernize its technical framework from a tech and business perspective and is in pursuit of a highly motivated Data Governance Analyst to join our small, growing team.
The Data Governance Analyst delivers three essential services to Legg Mason:
- Data Governance: Coordinating data governance across various business and technology departments, serving as the primary owner and user of the data governance tool infrastructure to include meta-data management, business glossary, data catalog and data lineage tools.
- Data Quality: Ensuring fit for purpose data quality capabilities are identified and implemented across all data domains, including defining and drafting business rules for critical data elements and reporting and actioning results of data quality checks.
- Process improvement and Automation: Providing workflow automation support for business partners, including creating and supporting automation workflows using tools like Alteryx and Xceptor.
Candidates must work and communicate effectively with business users and serve as a power user of data and analytics technology tools. This is a quickly evolving space at Legg Mason and across the asset management industry, so flexibility is critical.
Our Global HR team is hiring an experienced Talent Management Consultant to join our offices in either Baltimore, MD or Stamford, CT.
In this exciting position, you will help to build organizational agility and change management capability for leaders and staff, enabling the rapid adoption of technology, process, organizational and job transformations. Additionally, you will leverage innovative and forward thinking approaches to establish and champion a learning culture and capability that directly supports short and long term organizational, leadership and human capital development needs. You will play an integral role in the design, analysis and delivery of key talent management initiatives, including talent review, leadership development, employee engagement, and change management.
The Client Service Operations Manager is responsible for the management of all client reporting and client operations functions. The Client Service Operations team oversees the creation, support, and production of client reporting deliverables for QS Investors’ institutional, sub-advised, and international clients. This includes the understanding and support of client reporting solutions, operational processes, and utilizing technology to increase efficiencies. The Client Service Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring quality, timely delivery of client reporting, and overseeing the client operations process to meet the highest level client service experience.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the creation, support, and production of marketing materials, including marketing and white paper presentations, for QS Investors’ institutional, sub-advised, and international clients, as well as marketing content more broadly.
Our US Sales group is currently seeking a Regional Director (Wholesaler) to join our team. This Regional Director will cover Wirehouse & Independent Advisors in an assigned geographical territory.
Legg Mason is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its newly formed Alternative Investments Intermediary Sales team. If you are a highly motivated, self-starter with a strong desire to be on the ground floor of creating opportunity for a new product line-up, this is for you!
Reporting to the Managing Director of Alternative Investment Sales, you will partner closely with other Legg Mason sales teams to increase assets under management in the launch of the Clarion Real Estate Income Fund (CPREIF) and potentially other limited-liquidity alternative investments to be launched in the future. You will be focused on prospecting for financial advisors utilizing alternative investments in the IBD channel initially, leading to strong, long-term productive relationships. In addition, you will work closely with the existing Legg Mason sales teams to drive sales in both the wire house and RIA channels. A deep knowledge base allowing the wholesaler to be viewed as a product specialist and asset class expert will be critical to success. Strong partnering skills with internal colleagues and resources will be integral to building a successful sales territory.
The Alternative Investments Consultants must be willing to learn and grow, have a sense of urgency, and execute on a territory-specific business plan to launch sales quickly with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. The cornerstone of this sales process is asking questions and listening, providing relevant information and insight, and always putting the interest of the adviser and client first.
Candidates should be based in a major metropolitan area in the US, open to multiple locations (territory coverage may be either Northeast, Southeast, MidWest, or West).
- Prospecting for financial advisors within the selling group who have a desire to implement the use of alternative investments, specifically those with limited liquidity and low correlation to the traded markets.
- Develop and build long-term productive relationships with financial advisers
- Utilize sales process: identify needs, provide meaningful solutions, and deliver superior service
- Understand and articulate capital markets, complex product structures, and real estate strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of competitor products and position the benefits of CPRIEF product(s) structure and investment strategy appropriately
- Integrate current themes and campaigns into conversations that drive the sales process
- Work closely with the Legg Mason mutual fund sales team to partner well by referring opportunities to and from each other with the goal of increasing Legg Mason’s footprint and market share.
- Deliver compelling presentations, in both large and small group settings, to the financial advisor community as well as potential investors
- Attend conferences, representing the entirety of Legg Mason
- Maintain and update Sales Force with all activity in the field
- Own sales performance and sales goals
- Manage a large territory effectively, schedule meetings, and plan travel
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or Business
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' of experience in an external sales capacity
- CAIA, CFA or CIMA preferred
- Proven success and relationships with IBD and RIA channels of distribution; relationships with financial advisors utilizing alternative investments is preferred
- Strong knowledge of portfolio construction including the use of low correlation asset classes and strategies as well as the benefits of limited liquidity
- Knowledge and experience with NTRs, Interval Funds and/or private placements
- Knowledge of the historical and current developments in the non-traded industry and the evolution of products
- Current FINRA Registrations preferred: Series 7, 63, 65, and/or 66
- Team player mentality
- Enhanced problem-solving abilities and analytical abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, positive attitude, goal-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Committed to self-improvement; willingness to learn and grow
- Strong work ethic and high sense of urgency
- High degree of integrity
- Ability and willingness to prepare relentlessly and execute passionately
- Strong relationship building skills & client focused
- Well organized and detail-oriented
Seeking a driven Retirement Solutions Channel Marketing Manager to join our Global Marketing organization. The Channel Marketing team partners with Legg Mason's sales distribution and is responsible for the development and execution of a marketing strategy designed to drive flows, cultivate client relationships, and build brand awareness for the Legg Mason (LM) product platform. The Channel Marketing team oversees the end-to-end client experience and works with all related functions to achieve a seamless journey of engagement.
Position can be based out of Stamford, CT, New York, NY or Baltimore, MD.